Slack is a team collaboration application that has become immensely popular recently. The primary reason that sets Slack apart is its simple yet powerful way of integrating with external applications. You can integrate Slack and Salesforce with Webhooks.
What are Webhooks?
Applications other than Salesforce have event actions called Webhooks, an HTTP post to external URLs which are registered under certain event actions. They are user-defined HTTP callbacks that get triggered by an event in a web application to help integrate various applications or third-party APIs. It will help to transfer PUSH information the moment it has it.
Webhooks are nothing but a modern, web-oriented way for servers by which they receive notifications from other servers. Many applications support Webhooks like JIRA, Twilio, WhatsApp, ServiceNow, etc. Webhooks provide one way to send automated messages to other apps.
In this post, we will provide insights on the benefits of integrating Slack and Salesforce and the steps to integrate Salesforce with Slack.
Benefits of Integrating Slack and Salesforce
You integrate Slack and Salesforce because it enables you to quickly find prospects, analyze leads, monitor timelines, and monitor sales operations in real-time. This helps to accelerate your revenue. Moreover, the integration reduces your workload and probability of mistakes and improves performance. It helps to simplify your routine tasks easily. Quote Management also becomes easy. There is no need to devote hours to reviewing to find if opportunities have been accepted and what all changes need to be made. This information is now available in the Slack Inbox due to the integration between Slack and Salesforce.
Also, there is no need for sales and customer service reps to login into another system to get information as personalized updates are accessible in real-time on account of the integration. Finally, all in the channel can respond to and interpret messages by mapping Salesforce and your Slack Channel. This enables you to converse with others outside of customer-facing Slack conversations to ensure the right response for anyone approaching your business.
Next, we come to the steps to integrate Salesforce with Slack.
Steps to Integrate Salesforce with Slack
- Install Slack for Windows.
- Create a workspace for your organization.
- After creating the workspace, create a channel in which the alert messages will arrive.
- After creating the channel, we need to install the Salesforce app in Slack in the app section.
- Follow all recommended steps:
- Authorize SF Org.
- Add an alert to the channel.
- Add bulk alert, if any.
- After completing all steps, we need to create a webhook from
- Create a new Slack app and activate Incoming Webhooks
- Then Create Webhook URLs for Your Workspace.
- Now, after creating a webhook, you will get a webhook URL that will be used in the Salesforce Apex code.
- Now let’s get back to Salesforce org and create an Apex class in which Queueable Apex and HTTP requests.
- Create the Slack Publisher Apex Class as shown below.
- After this, we need to create ProcessBuilder which will work on object record updates and will run the Apex code.
- So in this Process Builder what I did was when an opportunity stage was changed then it will post a message to the Slack channel we have subscribed to.
Integrating Slack and Salesforce through Webhooks offers many benefits. You can increase your revenue with the integration because it can quickly find prospects, analyze leads, monitor timelines, and monitor sales operations in real-time. It can easily simplify your routine tasks, and Quote Management also becomes easier. By having the salesforce integration services handy, one can ease up the personalized updates accessible in real-time and so there is a need for sales and customer service reps to login into another system to get information. Finally, it can ensure the right response for your clients by conversing with others outside of customer-facing Slack conversations due to the mapping of Slack and Salesforce channels. (100)