Salesforce, the world’s number CRM provider, is often a complicated affair for most business owners. With complexities surrounding Salesforce integration, Salesforce implementation services, and Salesforce consulting services, it is important to choose a reputed Salesforce implementation partner like Cloud Analogy.
In this Salesforce blog, we will be reading about best practices for storing subscriptions preferences in Salesforce.
When your constituents empower you with their information, they are entrusting you to respect their communication preference and equip them with relevant content.
Numerous associations offer an opt-out, yet probably the ideal approach to help manufacture that trust is by empowering your constituents to pick into specific sorts of correspondence through a subscription center.
Making this thought a stride further, incorporating your Email Service Provider (ESP) with Salesforce, opens up a universe of choices for overseeing membership data for your contacts. Every one of these choices comes furnished with their arrangements of advantages and disadvantages that ought to be considered before pushing ahead.
We should separate each of the most usually actualized choices to figure out which would work best inside your advanced education foundation or nonprofit association.
Alternative 1: Standard Cloud for Good Accelerator Model
The least complicated and most regularly prescribed way to deal with this is to add checkbox fields to the Salesforce Contact object. This works much of the time when you have ten subscriptions or less.
- Marketing Cloud AMPScript for your custom inclination community is simpler to compose.
- All subscription/preference data can be seen from the Contact record in Salesforce.
- Building Marketing Cloud suppression into channels and queries is simple since the information is on one object.
- More than ten subscriptions/preferences can get jumbled (on the Sales Cloud format).
- May require record types in Salesforce if specific preference alternatives should be escaped from a particular audience.
- Including new memberships requires adding more fields to the Contact object in Salesforce, and composing more AMPScript in the Marketing Cloud CloudPage.
Alternative 2: Related Object Model
A somewhat more vigorous methodology is to utilize a single custom object identified with the Contact record. This permits you to store preferences on a different object, rather than showing them directly on the Contact layout.
- Keeps Salesforce Contact page format cleaner.
- No requirement for Salesforce record types of concealing unused preferences.
- Scales superior to the standard model.
- Promoting Cloud CloudPage should be refreshed each time another member is included.
- The code for CloudPage is more perplexing and requires more build of time.
- May need XML or JSON to store membership memberships in Marketing Cloud.
- Including new subscriptions requires capricious field naming in Salesforce and hard coding API names in the Marketing Cloud CloudPage.
Alternative 3: Junction Object Model
This choice includes two custom objects in your Salesforce instance. One goes about as the master subscription record, where we store insights concerning that subscription. The other acts as the individual Contact subscription record. Each Contact will have a record for every subscription they have, a query to the master subscription record.
- New subscriptions/preferences can be included in Salesforce without adjusting any AMPScript in Marketing Cloud.
- Gives a master lookup object in Salesforce for subscriptions/preferences.
- Takes into consideration more itemized stockpiling of subscription records in Salesforce, for example, Date Subscribed, Date Unsubscribed, and Subscribe Location without a jumbling Contact Layout.
- Permits you to see subscriptions in Salesforce as a related list.
- Makes a lot more records in Salesforce, which expands capacity needs.
- Build time is longer, as the AMPScript required is substantially more complex.
- The Subscription Center page may stack all the more gradually if AMPScript isn’t appropriately optimized.
You’ll have to cautiously gauge every alternative per your business and pick the one that works best for you and those you speak with.
Need help with Salesforce integration, Salesforce implementation services, or Salesforce consulting services? Contact Cloud Analogy, the world’s most preferred Salesforce Implementation Partner and Silver Consulting Partner, at +1 (415) 830-3899 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.