Salesforce, known as the best and top-rated CRM, is widely used across the globe. It provides new and innovative ways for marketers to connect with their customers. However, Salesforce offers a wide range of tools and functionalities but this massive availability might confuse some marketers when it comes to selecting the best one that matches all of their business requirements.
In this blog post, we will discuss two powerful and popular Salesforce platforms. It will make it easier for you to decide which is the best one for your business. These two platforms have different features and are highly beneficial for balancing your marketing and sales efforts.
These two effective and robust platforms offered by Salesforce are Pardot and Marketing Cloud. These two platforms are highly powerful and have the full potential to supercharge your marketing efforts. Before exploring the difference between these two platforms, let me give you a short description of them.
Pardot is a Software as a service (SaaS) marketing automation tool that enables marketers to recognize, nurture the best leads, convert more leads, and maximize ROI.
Pardot provides you a central location to manage your reports and projects. It tracks users’ interaction with the company across all marketing channels. Pardot is highly customizable and you can adjust it according to your company needs.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud provides you with a secure and scalable platform to track and report every step of the journey of your customer, manage marketing campaigns, and interact with the customers.
It lets marketers create targeted campaigns to transform their social marketing approach, gather data and information, and optimize customer journey with data-driven insights.
Differences between Pardot and Marketing Cloud
- Marketing Cloud is designed for Business to consumer companies whereas Pardot is designed for Business to business companies.
- The buying cycle is the main difference between the two. Large databases with smaller sales value can be better targeted via Marketing Cloud and small databases with large sales value can be better targeted with Pardot.
- The marketing cloud supports various channels like Email, social, SMS, advertising, data, etc. while Pardot is basically an easy-to-use email marketing platform.
- Marketing Cloud is harder to configure whereas Pardot’s user-friendly interface makes it easy for users to understand its functionalities.
Understand the features offered by Marketing Cloud
- Track multiple variations of channel, timing, content, and frequency of emails.
- Guide customers on 1:1 journey across channels.
- Frequently monitor and respond to customers based on their current and past behavior.
- Marketing automation connects interaction across any channels and devices.
- Use responsive email templates.
- Generate a predictive profile for each and every contact.
- Understand customer preferences and choices.
- Automate marketing decisions based on customer behavior.
- Allows tracking and sending of messages.
- Effective customer Interaction through two-way mobile communications.
- Customize marketing with SMS, push notifications, and chat messaging.
- Digital advertising campaigns across Facebook, Google, Twitter, YouTube, Google Ads, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or Instagram.
- Lead Capture connects your Facebook advertising leads to your Marketing Cloud data in real-time.
- Effectively manage ad using rules automation, team collaboration, and permutation.
Social Media Marketing
- Listen, engage, and publish using powerful social media marketing.
- Monitor social media activities and strategies from any device.
- Gain effective relevant feedback across your marketing, service, and sales campaigns.
- Plan, execute and track social media marketing campaigns.
Customer Data Platform
- It provides real-time engagement.
- Utilize email analytics and reporting.
- Discover new insights into your data with predictive analytics using Salesforce Einstein.
- Deliver predictive content with custom and default layout across channels.
- Track page view and click-through rates with predictive web analytics.
Features of Salesforce Pardot Email Marketing
- Quickly craft engaging and beautiful email campaigns with highly customized templates. You can also build your own fully branded templates using the WYSIWYG editor.
- Improve the customer journey experience and tailor your message to the specific needs of your prospects with dynamic content.
- Automation eliminates human errors and takes the manual work out of the lead assignment, segmentation, and nurturing.
- Intuitive editing and the ability to readily add tons of templates.
- Maximize delivery of emails with custom email authentication.
- Leverage Google Analytics connector to sync visitor and prospect data between Pardot and your CRM.
- Gain clear insights into your Sales cycle’s value with Life cycle reporting.
- Track the performance of your paid search campaigns with Pardot’s paid search reporting feature.
- Maximize marketing and sales efforts with advanced marketing analytics.
- Sell smarter by leveraging data-driven insights to deliver the right message, to the right prospect, at the right time.
- Automate Quote & Bid Communication Process.
- Automate sales & marketing actions as customers engage with your e-commerce site.
Lead Generation & Management
- Utilize Pardot’s easy to use segmentation wizard to run a more targeted campaign.
- Combine all your search campaigns on a single and cohesive platform.
- Deliver content with scheduled social postings.
- Provide sales reps with additional insights through social profile lookups.
- Leverage Pardot’s social media connectors to enrich prospect data.
- Page Actions allow you to trigger automated functions based on a Prospect’s visit to a particular page on your website.
Salesforce, a leading CRM software, is widely adopted by every business. If you’re a marketer, it is very critical for you to know the difference between Salesforce Pardot and Salesforce Marketing Cloud to deliver excellent customer service. These above differences and features of both the platforms would make it easier for you to decide which platform is better for you.
If you need any kind of assistance related to Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Pardot, our certified Salesforce Consultants are here to help you with the best solutions and services based on your needs.